Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer Nights

As the summer is rapidly coming to an end.. honestly how can this be?! It seems like once you have big person obligations... jobs, bills, etc the summers seem to FLY by. Either way... we have really enjoyed the summer nights this year. For some reason our neighborhood is a breeding ground for 100's of frogs. I think that is the cutest thing. They are all over the front and back yard. I just loves escaping out into the yard (I say escaping as I have to do this without Duke seeing) to watch the cute little frogs hop all around. It makes me sad to think in no time this little night time ritual will be gone until next summer is upon us. I know most people would find this reptiles to be an annoyance, but I just LOVE them.

I have to constantly keep my eyes on that little stinker of  a yorkie-poo. He just LOVES the frogs in a very different way. He wants to eat, play, chase these poor little guys. He is unbelievable sly when it comes to catching the poor little guys. He is constantly being punished for having a frog in his mouth. As I mentioned in my last post... He is extremely smart and stubborn. He doesn't seem to forget ANYTHING.... He will sit at the back door for hours waiting for his chance to go catch a frog.  Either way... I am sad that in no time these precious little animals taking over our yard will be gone.  I keep meaning to catch one and give one to my friend (I often call her wonder women). She is a mother of 4 boys 4 and under. She is an amazing mother and I know that her boys would just love having a pet frog. I better get on this fast, since summer is rapidly fading.

1 comment:

  1. You're too kind! I really want to see those frogs! Maybe when I come over to catch a glimpse of Pioneer Woman! In this one case, I NEED cable!!!

    ReplyDelete